Home News Articles Forum Member Profile Agent About Us Contact Us
 » Recent Photo Posts

Go Back   N1wanRed FORUMS > ARWANA Forum > Arowana (English Forum) > AroArticles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2007, 01:32 PM   #16
newb4ev3r (2513)
NAC 130

Default Re: Why Asian Arowana is expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SZI
.... if we don't wake up to this, and if the govt persist to make it costly for indos to produce aros, it's a matter of time before other countries overtake indonesia as exporter of arowana ....
From what I read in the old magazine, there's no official charges to obtain a license to become aro trader or breeder. Is that correct, Mr. Niwan? Everything should be free of charge. Well, you have to obtain SIUP, TDP, NPWP, etc, but that's won't cost you much.
So it seems like that the main cost factor for permit is not an official fee (there's none), the main culprit is the corruption.
newb4ev3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #17
mr.ius (1222)
NAC 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb4ev3r
From what I read in the old magazine, there's no official charges to obtain a license to become aro trader or breeder. Is that correct, Mr. Niwan? Everything should be free of charge. Well, you have to obtain SIUP, TDP, NPWP, etc, but that's won't cost you much.
So it seems like that the main cost factor for permit is not an official fee (there's none), the main culprit is the corruption.
Though it's may be true that there won't be any additional charges for breeders acquiring the permit, as a questionable fact remains that governtment officials still try to hog as much money as they can to any businessmen, in this case the aro breeders just by having the thought that it's their only opportunity to get more "unholly" income . And knowing about this fact I guess most first time breeders wouldn't wan't to do anything more with government after they acquire an substanable profit, I might think since they thought the officials didn't aid smaller business firms, sad but politicians don't seem to help and eased the increase of independent industry development in Indonesia, or should I say any third world country's economy of scale.
I hate to say this but it seems that officials, or the feds (can I call them that in Indonesia ) sees international laws that the CITES provide as yet another reason for increasing illegal opportunity profit act.
mr.ius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 02:12 PM   #18
newb4ev3r (2513)
NAC 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.ius
Though it's may be true that there won't be any additional charges for breeders acquiring the permit, as a questionable fact remains that governtment officials still try to hog as much money as they can to any businessmen, in this case the aro breeders just by having the thought that it's their only opportunity to get more "unholly" income .
True. That's what I called "corruption" earlier. Fyi, the permit must be re-issue every several years, forget the exact numbers. I'm wondering whether anybody in here know the approximate number of this "illegal cost". Is this illegal cost really substantially big, as substantial as the cost of good quality brooders and farm + facility? Pls enlighten me as personally I rather doubt that this illegal cost is the main reason why some small aro breeder relentless to become legal and the main culprit of the high red aro price.
Old 03-09-2007, 04:00 PM   #19
andhara (10200)
NAC MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joehendry
What I am worried, if arowana is easy to breed will become lohan phenomena. The price will go down and down until dont have value money and prestige anymore
One day, Arowana Jardini will be a prestigious pets on earth instead of others.
Why? Since people just grab them from the native place directly and don't care about their future...Then, the disaster will come to its till they are really gone...
andhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:16 AM   #20
mr.ius (1222)
NAC 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by andhara View Post
Why? Since people just grab them from the native place directly and don't care about their future...Then, the disaster will come to its till they are really gone...
That is yet another interesting subject, the value of the Jardini is considered dirt cheap compared to a single super red. The law states that a Jardini type arowana is prohibited for commercial purposes if it's originated from the wild, it's the same thing as the Super Red's case. However in this case, the so called "restriction" for the Jardini has less attention to officials then the Super Red since they know it's not worth the money squeeze compared to the other endagered aro (SR).
mr.ius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:27 PM   #21
newb4ev3r (2513)
NAC 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by andhara View Post
Not really.... afaik Jardini is easier to breed than SR. I read a successful breeding story overseas, he successfully breed Jardini only in a fiber tank. Other than that, Jardini also available in Australia and the law enforcement in there is way better than in here and they care about the environment way more that most of Indonesian people. Sorry to say that, but it's a reality. So Papua Jardini maybe will extinct in not so near future, but there will be plenty still available in Australia.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:52 PM   #22
andhara (10200)
NAC MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb4ev3r View Post
Not really.... afaik Jardini is easier to breed than SR. I read a successful breeding story overseas, he successfully breed Jardini only in a fiber tank. Other than that, Jardini also available in Australia and the law enforcement in there is way better than in here and they care about the environment way more that most of Indonesian people. Sorry to say that, but it's a reality. So Papua Jardini maybe will extinct in not so near future, but there will be plenty still available in Australia.
It's too expensive to get Jardini from Aussie Bos...by the way, it's very appreciated if you may share that Jardini's breeding news.
andhara is offline   Reply With Quote