N1WAN

Go Back   N1wanRed FORUMS > ARWANA Forum > Arowana (English Forum) > AroTalk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AroTalk Talk anything about Aro

Old 04-18-2006, 10:20 PM   #16
SZI (471)
NAC MEMBER

Default Re: Why some farm not sell to local

exporting is not necessarily more profitable than domestic sales in terms of price per fish. there are lots more costs involved. but the volume of just local market cannot compare to the whole world market demand, so farms can make bigger money in one shot by exporting in container loads. someone said above that only lower grade arowana kept for local sales, i think that's a bit misinformed. some crazy local people are actually more willing to pay ridiculous prices for a good piece. there are lots of deep pocketed indonesians with more money than they know what to do with, and these guys pay over the top for good things be it cars, birds, koi, or arowana. ada duit ada barang, as we say. i'm sure if you're willing to pay the money to buy a good aro you can get one, in Indonesia probably easier than anywhere else in fact.
SZI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:30 AM   #17
ALI TOPAN (33)
NAC 086

Quote:
Originally Posted by didotnikmat
just one word : IMAGE
think about it and don't get me wrong
I agreed with you "IMAGE", actually they oso sell to local, but because to keep reputation their "IMAGE" (sell local means their fish no good) they sell not under their name
ALI TOPAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:28 AM   #18
hengky (2812)
NAC 092

Maybe what I'm gonna say on may seems alit' out of the topic, but I noticed much consumers/hobbists like me, do not know where our aros come from when we looking/searching for a sale at our LFS. Not until we recieve our cert. Perhaps some buyers do ask about it, but im quite certain some of us dun. When ppl ask us, "where did u get ur aro?" we would normally mention the shop name.
Unlike our neighbour countries, ppl address their aros as XL (Xian Leng) X-back or DFI (Dragon Fish Industry) or Qian HU. Im not tryin to promote these well-known names, neither am I tryin to downgraded anyone or any shop. Of course, I agree on the saying "buy from a reputated fish shop", no doubt about it. But on the contray, I think if its "image", "money", or any other reason why some farm dont sell to local, I really think it's utterly misconception of the farm side (but of course these are juz our mere ideas).
One reason I really feel farms like I mentioned above is so well-known to the public nowadays, is NOT merely juz due to their good sales. I think they too publicizes their good name. Why? i would think for "image" "money", the same few reason what we have been discussing.
I would definetely wish someday some of own local farms can do the same. Altho I think I've seem some have already move on such direction. And I believe when such farms are more "open" to the public, it only takes a "cause and effect" theory to promote their own good name. And we as hobbists/local buyers can gain more knowledge about this wonderful fish.
hengky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 12:01 AM   #19
fishconnection (182)
NAC 078

Quote:
Originally Posted by hengky
Maybe what I'm gonna say on may seems alit' out of the topic, but I noticed much consumers/hobbists like me, do not know where our aros come from when we looking/searching for a sale at our LFS. Not until we recieve our cert. Perhaps some buyers do ask about it, but im quite certain some of us dun. When ppl ask us, "where did u get ur aro?" we would normally mention the shop name.
Unlike our neighbour countries, ppl address their aros as XL (Xian Leng) X-back or DFI (Dragon Fish Industry) or Qian HU. Im not tryin to promote these well-known names, neither am I tryin to downgraded anyone or any shop. Of course, I agree on the saying "buy from a reputated fish shop", no doubt about it. But on the contray, I think if its "image", "money", or any other reason why some farm dont sell to local, I really think it's utterly misconception of the farm side (but of course these are juz our mere ideas).
One reason I really feel farms like I mentioned above is so well-known to the public nowadays, is NOT merely juz due to their good sales. I think they too publicizes their good name. Why? i would think for "image" "money", the same few reason what we have been discussing.
I would definetely wish someday some of own local farms can do the same. Altho I think I've seem some have already move on such direction. And I believe when such farms are more "open" to the public, it only takes a "cause and effect" theory to promote their own good name. And we as hobbists/local buyers can gain more knowledge about this wonderful fish.
Very well said....KUDOS!!!
fishconnection is offline   Reply With Quote