Home News Articles Forum Member Profile Agent About Us Contact Us
 » Recent Photo Posts

Go Back   N1wanRed FORUMS > ARWANA Forum > Arowana (English Forum) > AroArticles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2005, 02:13 PM   #1
JD Winata (5695)
NAC 002

Default How to identify Chili or BloodRed?

How to determine Chili or Blood Red :

Seems like everybody especially rookie trader of Arowana has misidentified the SuperRed type , especially between Chili and Blood Red
I knew there are many line up of names like Ultra Red , Papaya Red , Panda Red and Metal Red and etc. but lets get back to the roots , the anchestor of real SuperRed Aro variety now,
I . Blood Red ,commonly named GudangGaram Red or MerahDarah Red first in Indonesia back in 1986 , it’s a variety of Super Red which identified as follow :
a. Ussualy bigger than chili Red at same age after more than 6month old
b. Body , broader dan rounded shaped ,especially at the edge . The eye looks
smaller, and bigger head compare to ChiliRed , fan (rounded) shape tail and also
broader too
c. Colour , bloodred always developt colour faster and reach adult colouration earlier
than ChiliRed , the rings will be thickened up to fill the whole core scale (outside
to inside), then reach the full red scale stage , also Bloodred will crossedback the
rings (6th level) earlier than chiliRed , but remember the rings of Bloodred is very
ununiform in shape and thickness , somehow it will look very untidy compare to
uniformed shape rings of ChiliRed

II. Chili Red , commonly named Marlboro Red or Cabe Red at early years in Indonesia
a. Ussually smaller (a bit) than BloodRed
b. Body , slight slimmer (more streamline shaped) , most of the fin looks had narrow edge on the corner , most ChiliRed had longer fin than BloodRed ata average but not always so . Tail is diamond shaped and narrower than BR , its very difficult to determine male or female ChiliRed at premature adult size below 40cm . Also in composition ,Chili Red’s eye will looks larger compare to BR’s eye due to its smaller head shape
c. Colour . ChiliRed always developt colour slower than BR , but it’s a different breed and type of rings model , Chili will looks very uniformed rings and most of them had slight green core / violet green core . Chili looks very tidy and uniformed rings in harmony with its body shape

Becareful there are many crossbreed and mutation of SuperRed variety like for example :
BR&CR crossbreed , BR&BanjarRed crossbreed then the F2 crossed again with SR ,etc
Always looks for well known reputation trader and farm when choosing aro .

( Up next article , how to developt colouration , my own method sharing experience )
JD Winata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:53 PM   #2
Bloody (8)
NAC 025

Default Re: How to identify Chili or BloodRed?

mana yg lebih mahal chili atau blood ?? mana yg lebih bnyak dicari org ??
Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:04 PM   #3
JD Winata (5695)
NAC 002

Which is more expensive? Platinum
he he he , which one better, BMW or Mercedez? i prefer Jaguar he he he
Top quality Bloodred will be more pricey than average quality chili red and so is vice versa .
Quality does matter not the type between this two
Old 01-18-2006, 09:42 AM   #4
JD Winata (5695)
NAC 002

Beware ,nowaday too many aro in Red class are more hybrid than pure breed , it is ok as long only crossed between Chili and Blood ,but if it mixed with Banjar red ,it is disaster, it may look like SR ,it has rings but the colouration to adult size is disaster , you may end up frustated to wait for so long with many effort but you could not gain the colour like grade 1 Red
Old 01-18-2006, 09:46 AM   #5
KoKo (3087)
NAC 009

Thumbs up Re: How to identify Chili or BloodRed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Winata
Beware ,nowaday too many aro in Red class are more hybrid than pure breed , it is ok as long only crossed between Chili and Blood ,but if it mixed with Banjar red ,it is disaster, it may look like SR ,it has rings but the colouration to adult size is disaster , you may end up frustated to wait for so long with many effort but you could not gain the colour like grade 1 Red
Nice info prof! thx a lot
Old 01-18-2006, 11:05 AM   #6
artdisc (687)
NAC 066

Mr.JD is it posible for me to diffrentiated the strain betwen banjar red*chii,and blood red * chili.is there any coruption at colour or on the ring please gave me your advice.beside the trustfull retailer
artdisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:06 PM   #7
JD Winata (5695)
NAC 002

Its hard to tell in exacts words , under 12cm is almost impossible to tell ,but easier at above15cm size , the rings colouration is different , dont get fooled by red colour at fins , Banjar Red could pass SR red colouration at juvenile size ,so look up for the rings and colouration at cheek and barble roots
Old 01-18-2006, 01:40 PM   #8
Aro_Wongkito (319)
NAC 012

thanx 4 the info i think it wuld be very useful,that's very kind of you sharing your knowledge to us .. but i think it would be better if you could attach some images from your collection or n1wan's gallery for the examle...
Aro_Wongkito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:48 PM   #9
akbari (300)
NAC 075

Just thinking :

BR&CR crossbreed....
Gudanggaram & Marlboro crossblend.....
What does it taste?
akbari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:27 PM   #10
azura (5280)
NAC 029

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbari
Just thinking :

BR&CR crossbreed....
Gudanggaram & Marlboro crossblend.....
What does it taste?
pahit-pahit manis .....

azura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 09:14 PM   #11
L30N^_^H34RT (347)
NAC 036

wadow what does it taste? Blom pernah ngerasain arwana dipepes nch
Rasanya kek apa ya? eh eh kalo ga salah prof JD pernah makan daging aro ya?
*lirik lirik prof JD*
L30N^_^H34RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:57 PM   #12
adi_n (943)
NAC 015

Quote:
wah, emang masalah yg satu ini yg paling gua sebel nih.... karena paling gampang banget ngebooingin konsumen, pada saat kita sadar, so pasti sudah sangat terlambat, rugi duit lebih banyak, eh, ditungguin sampe gede kaga nongol2 tuh warna...
adi_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:58 PM   #13
adi_n (943)
NAC 015

Quote:
Its hard to tell in exacts words , under 12cm is almost impossible to tell ,but easier at above15cm size , the rings colouration is different , dont get fooled by red colour at fins , Banjar Red could pass SR red colouration at juvenile size ,so look up for the rings and colouration at cheek and barble roots
mestinya info2 yg kaya gini nantinya masuk buku juga nih...pegangan buat newbie... thanks for the info...
adi_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:31 AM   #14
hengky (2581)
NAC 092

I fancy the ChiliRed body patterns but drool colour of the BloodRedGuess cant have the best of both world

Btw, it's advisable to get a juvenile at size roughly 12-15cm? one other obstacle other than identifying wrongly btwn the two mentioned type of SR, amateurs like me might face is....finacially...Im planning to invest something like 5-7Jts. Some said it will be a gamble to whether I will get a quality SR, am I rite?
hengky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 01:05 PM   #15
Owen.S (1580)
NAC 077

Quote:
Originally Posted by hengky
I fancy the ChiliRed body patterns but drool colour of the BloodRedGuess cant have the best of both world

Btw, it's advisable to get a juvenile at size roughly 12-15cm? one other obstacle other than identifying wrongly btwn the two mentioned type of SR, amateurs like me might face is....finacially...Im planning to invest something like 5-7Jts. Some said it will be a gamble to whether I will get a quality SR, am I rite?
Once a Super Red, it will be a SR. How good your fish will be it will depends on how you take care of it. It will also depends on the dealer on where you will buy the fish from. Go to Niwan and he will explain on how to select good fry for you.
Owen.S is offline   Reply With Quote