Home News Articles Forum Member Profile Agent About Us Contact Us
 » Recent Photo Posts

Go Back   N1wanRed FORUMS > ARWANA Forum > Arowana (English Forum) > AroArticles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2007, 04:22 PM   #16
Steve (3)

Default Re: Colour Boosting

HI guys,

I'm a newbie and have been reading up about howto keep aro and how to bring out the colour. Your sharing is very interesting and beneficial to me.

I have read about keep the PH at about 6.8 to 7. Does keeping the PH at 6.3 helps brings out the colour? Sorry, I don't mean to doubt you, but just need some affirmation.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:28 PM   #17
azura (5280)
NAC 029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
HI guys,

I'm a newbie and have been reading up about howto keep aro and how to bring out the colour. Your sharing is very interesting and beneficial to me.

I have read about keep the PH at about 6.8 to 7. Does keeping the PH at 6.3 helps brings out the colour? Sorry, I don't mean to doubt you, but just need some affirmation.
according to 'master of color' the answer is yes .... low pH helps a lot to boost the color out faster than higher pH ....

azura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:35 AM   #18
cayadi76 (1043)
NAC MEMBER

About Ph relation with red colour, I also confuse about it.
Believe it or not, 1 month ago, I went to N1wan proshop , and with permission I have measured the ph water level at N1wan proshop in the tank filled with most red colour aro there. You know the ph level in the tank ? It was 7.5.
I am sure my Ph meter was precision, because I did calibrate my ph meter in the morning before I used it.
cayadi76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 10:47 AM   #19
Steve (3)

Hi Bro,

Thanks for sharing
Old 04-14-2007, 10:54 PM   #20
Hanry Handoko (588)
NAC 138

thanks for the info bro JD...it's very useful for all of us.
Hanry Handoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 03:36 PM   #21
Steve (3)

Hi JD, I was recommended to use Arcadia light for tanning my aro as it actually replicate sunlight. I was told that the TFC light is more an illusion to make the fish look more red than it actually is.
At first, I was using the tanning light which we submerge in the water and my young red aro looks really red. But when I remove the submerge tanning light and put on the Arcadia light fixed to the cover of the tank, the fish looks brown. in fact the water which I have added blackwater now look greenish. I assume it is the light combination with the blackwater that make the water looks green. I check with the shop keeper but he told me that it will be like that until my fish shows the real colour at a later stage. Honestly, I am not sure what to think now. Can you advise?
Old 04-30-2007, 03:59 PM   #22
evafish (793)
NAC MEMBER

thanks for sharing bro jd... new bird like me realy need this kind of information to make first step out to make sure our aro can live in healty ... keep update and sharing with us more useful information ....thanks a lot..
evafish is offline   Reply With Quote