N1WAN

Go Back   N1wanRed FORUMS > ARWANA Forum > Arowana (English Forum) > AroTalk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

AroTalk Talk anything about Aro

Old 08-06-2006, 01:32 AM   #1
tigers (89)
NAC 078

Default [True or False] Spoon Head SR

[True or False] Spoon Head SR usually not good in color ?
tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 01:35 AM   #2
dony (8383)
NAC 058

Default Re: [True or False] Spoon Head SR

no !
look at this

and this

what do u think ?
dony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 01:37 AM   #3
RudolF (1647)
NAC 119

Damn sure it's FALSE.Look at the pics above at the recent photos or the gallery,there can u find alot of spoony head aros with their cool colours!
RudolF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 01:41 AM   #4
tigers (89)
NAC 078

Quote:
Originally Posted by dony
no !
look at this

and this

what do u think ?
Ya, but not many, rare I saw spoon SR very good in color, 100pcs only 1 or 2 spoon SR good color, mostly SR with rounded head have good color, mayber the male one
tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 01:56 AM   #5
RudolF (1647)
NAC 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers
Ya, but not many, rare I saw spoon SR very good in color, 100pcs only 1 or 2 spoon SR good color, mostly SR with rounded head have good color, mayber the male one
Bro,my experience is completly different with you...Spoony and not spoony are the same,there is no difference in coloration between them.
RudolF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 09:12 AM   #6
mr.ius (1265)
NAC 118

I would deffinitely say that a fish's colorization doesn't really come from a genetic aspect since most owners can enhance their fishes through lights and tanning process, plus their regular meals and also the water quality. Moreover, the process could be taken place when the fish's age is even above five years, even to a complete spoon head. So depending on how well you treat your fish, it deffinitely affect the color on its scale.
However, regarding a spoon or a crooked type head, I would say that it is more towards degenerate, plus the fish's head cannot go more crooked or a complete spoon type over the age of 2 years old, and its not an effective result. I tried to make my 3 months old SR more crooked for more than 3 months by putting my fish inside the tank with lots of currents from the power head, ensuring that the fish would stay active, but so far it didn't come even closer to a more crooked shape. So i guess that a head type can go more to the genetic side.
So deffinitely the head shape and colorization are 2 different coin sides and are not affected with one another.
mr.ius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #7
hengky (2812)
NAC 092

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigers
[True or False] Spoon Head SR usually not good in color ?
I dun think thats true..
where or how u got/hear that theory
hengky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #8
amkri (2076)
NAC 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.ius
I would deffinitely say that a fish's colorization doesn't really come from a genetic aspect since most owners can enhance their fishes through lights and tanning process, plus their regular meals and also the water quality. Moreover, the process could be taken place when the fish's age is even above five years, even to a complete spoon head. So depending on how well you treat your fish, it deffinitely affect the color on its scale.
However, regarding a spoon or a crooked type head, I would say that it is more towards degenerate, plus the fish's head cannot go more crooked or a complete spoon type over the age of 2 years old, and its not an effective result. I tried to make my 3 months old SR more crooked for more than 3 months by putting my fish inside the tank with lots of currents from the power head, ensuring that the fish would stay active, but so far it didn't come even closer to a more crooked shape. So i guess that a head type can go more to the genetic side.
So deffinitely the head shape and colorization are 2 different coin sides and are not affected with one another.

I agree with mr. ius.............it's not a matter of spoony head or not.........just how do u care the fish with several treatment. I believed good treatment will make colourize the fish
amkri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 11:05 PM   #9
ekodoq (34)
NAC 095

Not true
ekodoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:22 AM   #10
mimisu_worm (1989)
NAC 110

I don't think so that spoon head sr not good in color.
mimisu_worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:27 AM   #11
dony (8383)
NAC 058

Quote:
I believe that color development is related to water parameter, food, and genetics itself and no relation to body shape.
dony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:39 PM   #12
azura (5486)
NAC 029

Quote:
on the contrary bro, the coloration depends on the genetic itself bro, we only enhance it by giving good tender love n caring ... but as spoonhead not good in color, its back to the ur keeping n caring for ur aro

azura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:38 PM   #13
mr.ius (1265)
NAC 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by azura
on the contrary bro, the coloration depends on the genetic itself bro, we only enhance it by giving good tender love n caring ... but as spoonhead not good in color, its back to the ur keeping n caring for ur aro
Ouch I forgot about that, sorry Final colorization of the fish is still depending on the basic color of the fish's parents and what color it is born with, thanks brother Azura. Oh, not to mention the price you pay for the tanning process, the lamp tube and the tank quality itself (hmm.. reminds me of the arobox that Goldenfin made for me) .
mr.ius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 12:08 AM   #14
goldenfin (3725)
NAC 026

Quote:
Surprisingly, this point of view come out from an american dude
I would agree that head shape n coloration are 2 diff things.....and I also think that they can only meet by "LUCK"
goldenfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:28 PM   #15
big_show (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dony
no !
look at this

and this

what do u think ?
walau so nice....
big_show is offline   Reply With Quote