View Single Post
Old 09-23-2005, 06:00 PM   #2
Arowana
NAC MEMBER

Default Re: 101 guide to Tanning

Kagemaru Wrote :

1.up to date I have tested with various light set not exceeding 10,000 lumens equivalent of brightness, going beyond tat range I cannot guarantee safety...

2.many users seem to think tat by adding as many light as possible infront of the red will make them red faster...in the contrary, this makes the red very jumpy and overly stressed up...In the end it will slow down the process...

3.my preferred kelvins is > 10k tats the range I operating on

Nice Information, but I need more thinks to be clear, if we see on that 3 statement !!!

1. Talking about lumens mean brightness
2. Too be very bright will be useless
3. Talking about Color Warmth >10k,(Mean 10.000 Kelvin)

Do any body outside there can tell exactly, how many lumen need per m2 of water surface that can be sufficient,
just to make easy calculate, cause I believe if we go to detail, also must think about how far distance of the lamp to the water surface, how clear the water for light penetration,etc,etc

On 3rd statement it look will be not a problem if we use as high as possible for the color warmth as long as we can find on the market, but going up to 10.000K, color will come bluish, not white anymore.

============================== ============================
Kagemaru Wrote :
Push up colors - if the process of Identifying the color blush stage is accurate, tanning will enhance the process and quicken the process of coloration fill up...Fast or slow depends on the spectrum and intensity of tubes used

Hold Up of colors - Tanning is a stimulating process for the reds to enhance production of chromatophores...in layers and in terms of intensity...it is making use of the concept of contrasting...ie. it makes the base colors of the red intensity hence enabling the better distinction between the rim color and the scale base...Tanning process must not be abruptly halt or else users may see the immediate fade of the colors which was "pushed up" previously...all things being equal...it has to be slowed down and reduce in intensity until finally back to the use of normal room light to ensure the proper acclimatising and stablising of colors

Push up colors :
Need high spectrum and intensity

Hold Up of colors :
slowed down and reduce in intensity

Actually to "stimulating process for the reds to enhance production of chromatophores" what exactly color warmth needed
cause up to 10000K it going to UV Bro !!!

============================== ============================

Anybody know how many Kelvin & lumens for a TL "Actinic Blue" 40Watt

Is outside there have a lamp with 10.000K and Lumens let say about 5000 ?
(Woow... can be very bright blue light)

Kagemaru Wrote :
if u want to use sunshine --> 6500k is sufficient but it will take u long time to see the difference or rather not much difference if u are doing it at the wrong timing too

Long time back in this forum, somebody tell with the idea to tanning with the Sunshine is a better ways cause all spectrum of light is there, also cheap (No cost need for it!) have a comment about this now?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KelvinScale.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	608  
Attached Images
File Type: gif what is uv.gif (7.5 KB, 492 views)
Arowana is offline   Reply With Quote