View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 05:16 PM   #5
newb4ev3r
NAC 130

Default Re: Tank Mate Management.

I try to answer again
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.ius View Post
Cool, thanks for the sweet answers bro. Its a shame that we gotta have at least 5 SR in a comtank, and even more sadly is that inserting any tankmate does not matter if the Aros are less than 5.
I do however have 2 more questions regarding to owning a SR comtank;

1. Must they all be in the same size at least?
Like bro azura said, yes it's a must, unless you have a big pond and lots of aro. I tried to mix different size aro before. Result was not good, the little one almost lost his top fin.
2. If they were put together in a later age, maybe around 2 years old perhaps, should the adaptation process be done all at once or one by one?
Again, agree with bro azura. It will be difficult to comm even a mature aro, if it only consist of 2 aro. A method I read is to place them side by side in one aquarium and divide them using a glass. If they're seem to peaceful, try to remove the glass divider. But this method is seldom work bro, so proceed with caution.
I saw a comm with only 3 mature aro, they are quite peacefull, but the little one got a quite severe torn fins. They were comm'ed when they are pretty young and consist of 9 aro. One by one dead or sold, only 3 left. Still live quite peacefully even only 3 left.

I appreciate it bro, mahalo
newb4ev3r is offline   Reply With Quote