Old 03-29-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
newb4ev3r
NAC 130

Default Re: Tank Mate Management.

I try to answer it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.ius View Post
Aloha NAC members,

Sorry if I'd put this in english, but it's a favor for a friend of mine who had a question regarding 2 of his remaining Aros. His question is kinda simple, through his email he put:

[2x(Arowana Super Red)]+[8 Parrot Tank Mate]= ????
1 large aquarium

1. Would the answer be: 1 dead Aro? 2 live aro with bruises? or 2 happily live aro with the listed tank mates?
1 dead aro is possible, 2 live aro with bruises is almost certain. 2 happily live aro is very rare.
2. Would putting some tank mates make an Aro less violent to another SR if it were to be combine? This is still regarding to put only 2 SR in the tank.
5 aro is minimum for commtank, but there's rare cases where 2-3 aro live happily ever after My friend had 3 silver, 1 dead of jumped out of water, 2 silver now live happily, but not after a fierce fight between the 3 during their junior year.
3. If an Aro never had a tankmate and always living in the aquarium by itself, how do you put a tank mate in it? Just splash it in the tank? Do you put it on the surface of the tank along with the plastic bag for 15 minutes just like a regular SR tank adaptation process?
Splash it in directly is ok, but adaption process is preferable.

If you guys couldn't answer it with english and would like to use Indo thats ok, I could translate most of it Any help is greatly appreciated

Mahalo
newb4ev3r is offline   Reply With Quote