View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 12:08 AM   #14
goldenfin
NAC 026

Default Re: [True or False] Spoon Head SR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.ius
I would deffinitely say that a fish's colorization doesn't really come from a genetic aspect since most owners can enhance their fishes through lights and tanning process, plus their regular meals and also the water quality. Moreover, the process could be taken place when the fish's age is even above five years, even to a complete spoon head. So depending on how well you treat your fish, it deffinitely affect the color on its scale.
However, regarding a spoon or a crooked type head, I would say that it is more towards degenerate, plus the fish's head cannot go more crooked or a complete spoon type over the age of 2 years old, and its not an effective result. I tried to make my 3 months old SR more crooked for more than 3 months by putting my fish inside the tank with lots of currents from the power head, ensuring that the fish would stay active, but so far it didn't come even closer to a more crooked shape. So i guess that a head type can go more to the genetic side.
So deffinitely the head shape and colorization are 2 different coin sides and are not affected with one another.
Surprisingly, this point of view come out from an american dude
I would agree that head shape n coloration are 2 diff things.....and I also think that they can only meet by "LUCK"
goldenfin is offline   Reply With Quote