N1wanRed FORUMS

N1wanRed FORUMS (http://www.n1wanred.com/isi/forum/index.php)
-   AroTank (http://www.n1wanred.com/isi/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   urgent need help (http://www.n1wanred.com/isi/forum/showthread.php?t=935)

martin au 08-09-2005 08:28 PM

urgent need help
 
currently my ph is (7.3-7.5) after water change.I
added some salt and tetraaqua blackwater but still
remained (7.3-7.5) so i try to add more blackwater
also remained the same.Will salt added affected the
ph.How to bring the ph to (6.5-7).

JD Winata 08-09-2005 10:04 PM

Re: urgent need help
 
When you adding blackwater extract ,you re decreasing the pH level , but then you add salt ,you rise it again back to starting level.
Somehow (correct me if i'wrong) salt also rise buffering capacity of water so it s very hard and difficult to reduce the pH level.
My suggestion , change your water ( sedimented rain water is ussually had lower pH (even slight acid) and low gH also ) but carefull not to use rainwater from near industrial poluted area. Or use water from purified drinking water filter which is using reverse osmosis system or Ion Exchange system ,the processed water is easy to get lower pH and very stabil buffering capacity , so your pH level will not plays up and down.

chndra 11-16-2005 08:00 PM

Re: urgent need help
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by martin au
currently my ph is (7.3-7.5) after water change.I
added some salt and tetraaqua blackwater but still
remained (7.3-7.5) so i try to add more blackwater
also remained the same.Will salt added affected the
ph.How to bring the ph to (6.5-7).

bro yr english exam failed he3x

Eko Susanto 11-17-2005 08:33 AM

Re: urgent need help
 
Do you have any problem with a wrong grammar, chndra.....:confused:
e.g.: wrong-grammar phobia.....:confused:

azura 11-17-2005 06:24 PM

Re: urgent need help
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eko Susanto
Do you have any problem with a wrong grammar, chndra.....:confused:
e.g.: wrong-grammar phobia.....:confused:

every time chndra replied u replied back too .......... play hide n seek ?!? :p

jiet 11-17-2005 08:47 PM

Re: urgent need help
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JD Winata
When you adding blackwater extract ,you re decreasing the pH level , but then you add salt ,you rise it again back to starting level.
Somehow (correct me if i'wrong) salt also rise buffering capacity of water so it s very hard and difficult to reduce the pH level.
My suggestion , change your water ( sedimented rain water is ussually had lower pH (even slight acid) and low gH also ) but carefull not to use rainwater from near industrial poluted area. Or use water from purified drinking water filter which is using reverse osmosis system or Ion Exchange system ,the processed water is easy to get lower pH and very stabil buffering capacity , so your pH level will not plays up and down.

bro do salt affect the kh/gh reading?

rianfish 11-18-2005 08:23 AM

Re: urgent need help
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chndra
bro yr english exam failed he3x

CHNDRA, u can't even spell yr name the right way :D :rolleyes:

Eko Susanto 11-18-2005 08:30 AM

Re: urgent need help
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by azura
every time chndra replied u replied back too .......... play hide n seek ?!? :p

Lagi sensitif nih.......:D

vankough 11-18-2005 12:10 PM

Re: urgent need help
 
Jiet, check out this article http://badmanstropicalfish.com/articles/article5.html
I think NaCl does increase Hardness of water but not significant.


All times are GMT +7. The time now is 06:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
N1wanRed.com