N1wanRed FORUMS

N1wanRed FORUMS (https://www.n1wanred.com/isi/forum/index.php)
-   AroTank (https://www.n1wanred.com/isi/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ssd (https://www.n1wanred.com/isi/forum/showthread.php?t=627)

fantasy_aquatic 02-27-2005 10:59 AM

ssd

adding ketapang leaves to the aquarium is an attempt to simulate the natural "black water" environment of most tropical fishes.
Black water has a distinctive brownish tea colour and contains many dissolved organic materials suc as humic and tannins.
Dried ketapang leaves will help to release these organic acids into the aquarium water.
these would turn lower the water pH level, absorb harmful chemicals and create a soothing and calm environment for the fish.
Peat and decaying driftwood, which are also rich sources of humic acids will also be helpful additions to the aquarium.

the ketapang tree is a big 'pagoda-shaped' tree with distinct tiered brances. The tree originates from the malaysia region.
The bark, fruit and leaves of the tree have traditionally been used to treat various ailments, from skin disease, dysentery, headaches to colic in children

Ketapang ( Terminalia catappa ) is also known by the following common names, tropical almond, badamier, java lamond, amandier de cayenne, wild alomond, indian almond, myrobalan, malabar almond, singapore almond, huu kwang, sea almond and kobateishi.
The tree is known to produce a poison in its leaves and sap to defend itself against insect parasites. When the dried leaves falls into the river, they leave a strong brown dye that is full of organic acids like humic acids and tannins.

Humic acids and tannins may be usefull for inhibiting many types of bacteria including cyano-bacteria. Humic acids also detoxify heavy metals. Humic material and detritus in the aquarium also rapidly absorb and detoxify many chemicals, including zinc, aluminium and copper.

HUmid acid is the end product of microbial degradation of plant and animal debris and is an important constituent of fertile soils. it contains sulfur, nitrogen and phosphorus in varying amounts. Also present are metals such as calcium , magnesium, and zinc. tannins, lignins and fulvic acids, are sub classes of humic acids, which tint the water yellow

JD Winata 02-27-2005 11:15 AM

Re: understanding blackwater

Blackwater is not excactly extract of terminalia catappa but more commonly from peat , any kind or sort of ,
Terminali Catappa has (said that) better organic acid than other dried fallen off leaves .
You could turn your aquaria environment by put catappa dried leaves or just put some peat extract on mesh bag in your filter, during to my experience they did reach the same level of parameter in pH, but i do not have susbtance analyzer , so in my opinion go ahead for both type.
BTW few products of blackwater extract are extracted from peat not from Catappa leaves .

ikea 02-20-2007 06:24 PM

hello semua

gua anak baru neh....salam knal bagi para penggemar aro
gong xi fat coi...
sin nien khui le..
wan se ru ie..
nien nien you ie....:suer: :suer: :suer:

Buddy 02-22-2007 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikea
hello semua

gong xi fat coi...
sin nien khui le..
wan se ru ie..

:confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused:

adira 02-22-2007 12:18 PM

ranggenah tenan:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Eddie 02-22-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddy
:confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused:

:D :D :D hehehe.... hehehe:D :D :D

Salam kenal Ikea, selamat bergabung di NAC

andhara 02-22-2007 07:44 PM

Busyet deh...:confused:

rudinugraha 02-23-2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikea
hello semua

gong xi fat coi...
sin nien khui le..
wan se ru ie..

WHAT A....???

How do I reply these ..........(confused)........:e ek: :confused: :confused: :confused: :D :D :D :top: :congrats: :suer: !!!!!

arofanatics 02-24-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudinugraha
WHAT A....???

How do I reply these ..........(confused)........:e ek: :confused: :confused: :confused: :D :D :D :top: :congrats: :suer: !!!!!

no need to confused...
maybe he want to tells us how blackwater really great beverage to consume...
no blackwater no party lah
blackwater = black label...hmmm perfect match
...gongxi---gongxi...

rudinugraha 02-24-2007 05:18 PM

He...he..he.....just kidding boss,

btw blackwater = black label...:eek: ..!!!

What a taste..:confused: :eviltounge: !!, are you sure about this..?? or I need to try it sometimes..:D :D :D !!!.

arofanatics 02-27-2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudinugraha
He...he..he.....just kidding boss,

btw blackwater = black label...:eek: ..!!!

What a taste..:confused: :eviltounge: !!, are you sure about this..?? or I need to try it sometimes..:D :D :D !!!.

huehuehuehue...no need lah om...it very dangerous...

i heard the impact drinking blackwater improving ur desire to eat...that means ur gonna get fat...hihihihi...& ur skin turnin more red...hmmnn like a indian skin...hulaa...:D ...
& the lasting i know, it gives an extra power masculinity in bed...hihihi:congrats:

bengkel168 10-28-2008 05:03 PM

I'm sorry seniors... but I'm lost....

Should I put ketapang leaves in my tank, and just leave it there to be decomposed??
cause my tank is just a wide, blank,common glass tank without any aquascaping and now i'm supposed to get some leaves to make the water black?
I mean, if i wanna keep my tank crystal clear, will there be consequences to my aro?
Thank you,

From a newbie needing info badly

rianfish 10-28-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengkel168 (Post 159938)
I'm sorry seniors... but I'm lost....

Should I put ketapang leaves in my tank, and just leave it there to be decomposed??
cause my tank is just a wide, blank,common glass tank without any aquascaping and now i'm supposed to get some leaves to make the water black?
I mean, if i wanna keep my tank crystal clear, will there be consequences to my aro?
Thank you,

From a newbie needing info badly

Your avatar is very funny bro.
You could turn your aquaria environment by put catappa dried leaves on mesh bag in your filter.
For a newbie needing info bald'y.... :D

bengkel168 10-28-2008 06:33 PM

Now that i've read more threads I think i'm gonna follow this step..
Off to Ace hardware to get some peat.. :cool:

PS . Cute baby eh ? She's my 1st, only 4months old :D

arofanatics 10-28-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengkel168 (Post 159954)
Now that i've read more threads I think i'm gonna follow this step..
Off to Ace hardware to get some peat.. :cool:

PS . Cute baby eh ? She's my 1st, only 4months old :D

very cute baby....very good photograph...bro bengkel168...what a name....hehehe...
welkom & share your aro in aro show off section....that would b nice:congrats: :top:

aroindah 10-29-2008 10:57 AM

Re: ssd

You are 200 % correct,

After experimenting many chemical stuffs, finally I found the ketapang leaves in the best water treatment for freshwater fish. It is also amazing why many diseases disappeared after this treatment. At first I thought it was by low ph, but some cases (such as anchor worms) did not go away for low ph only, but works on by ketapang leaves. Now I understand what you termed humic acid is the cause. White spots, fungus, stress etc are disappeared. Excellent.:top::top:

Now I don't even need to age water to filli in my tank, but must add some ketapang leaves first into the filter. Understood here also it will penetrate the poison in non aging water:congrats:

Thank you so much Buddy:suer:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fantasy_aquatic (Post 6007)
adding ketapang leaves to the aquarium is an attempt to simulate the natural "black water" environment of most tropical fishes.
Black water has a distinctive brownish tea colour and contains many dissolved organic materials suc as humic and tannins.
Dried ketapang leaves will help to release these organic acids into the aquarium water.
these would turn lower the water pH level, absorb harmful chemicals and create a soothing and calm environment for the fish.
Peat and decaying driftwood, which are also rich sources of humic acids will also be helpful additions to the aquarium.

the ketapang tree is a big 'pagoda-shaped' tree with distinct tiered brances. The tree originates from the malaysia region.
The bark, fruit and leaves of the tree have traditionally been used to treat various ailments, from skin disease, dysentery, headaches to colic in children

Ketapang ( Terminalia catappa ) is also known by the following common names, tropical almond, badamier, java lamond, amandier de cayenne, wild alomond, indian almond, myrobalan, malabar almond, singapore almond, huu kwang, sea almond and kobateishi.
The tree is known to produce a poison in its leaves and sap to defend itself against insect parasites. When the dried leaves falls into the river, they leave a strong brown dye that is full of organic acids like humic acids and tannins.

Humic acids and tannins may be usefull for inhibiting many types of bacteria including cyano-bacteria. Humic acids also detoxify heavy metals. Humic material and detritus in the aquarium also rapidly absorb and detoxify many chemicals, including zinc, aluminium and copper.

HUmid acid is the end product of microbial degradation of plant and animal debris and is an important constituent of fertile soils. it contains sulfur, nitrogen and phosphorus in varying amounts. Also present are metals such as calcium , magnesium, and zinc. tannins, lignins and fulvic acids, are sub classes of humic acids, which tint the water yellow

bengkel168 10-29-2008 11:12 PM

Re: ssd

Dear Seniors,

tried to find peat at Ace Hardware.. - gardening section
all they have is a. Peat pot Rp. 13.800 -20 pcs
b. Peat pellets Rp 78.000 -25 pcs
I didn'nt see any instructions to mix with water on both...
which one should i buy?

One more thing.. :)
I think this thread is VERY USEFUL :top::top::top:..
but i think many people would've missed it becoz of the title "ssd"
what is ssd anyway??

Serious Sexual Diseases?? :D:D